Newport Beach 2014

Newport Beach 2014

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year

During the Christmas break we were able to do some fun things.  It always goes by too fast.  Some people look forward to a new year, but I have a hard time putting away the Christmas stuff and moving on.  I hope I get it done before Ella's birthday....no promises.  We went to a community production of "Little Mermaid".  It was good and fun for Ella to be with cousins.


Ella, Megan and Lanie with Ariel and Price Eric.

Ella and I also saw "Click, Clack, Moo...Cows that Type".  It was very well done and really fun.

For as long as I can remember, my family has always had a New Year's celebration.  It really has become a fun family tradition.  We started it off with a good winter storm to provide snow for Grandpa to take us sledding.  He loves doing it and this year the Grand-daughters could not get enough.  Ella, Megan and Lanie spent hours being pulled around in the sled.   

I was lucky enough to get the first ride on the newly fallen snow.  This is good for me since it got a lot bumpier and I am not as young as I used to be.  Thanks Dad for the ride!


My Dad loves putting smiles on his grandchildren's faces.  Thanks Grandpa!  

My Dad had things down to a science.  When you took a break, we would put our wet clothes in the dryer so they would be nice and warm for the next go around.

Happy New Year 2013! 
 The neighbors don't seem to mind the New Year's music of pots and pans.

I have witnessed lots of examples this holiday season of Dads doing activities with their children.....Byron being no exception.  I watched Byron pull Ella, Megan and Lanie around my parents yard with the 4 wheeler and thought how lucky I am to be married to someone who is such a great Dad.  I know a lot of great Dad's....my own, Ella's, my brothers and brother-in-laws are among the best out there!

This is my first attempt at putting a video on my blog.  I apologize in advance for any difficulty it gives you.


I found some more New Years pictures to share.






Ella and Megan getting ready for the "Final Count Down".



2 comments:

  1. I haven't braved the snow for sledding yet. We thought about it this week, but decided single digit temps are too cold for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish there were four more pairs of boots lined in that row (that picture is great!). I'm glad you guys had a great break. Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete