Once again, I was able to enjoy another BYU Women's Conference at the first of May. I have gone for several years with some friends from our previous neighborhood. This tradition has proven to keep us connected. I appreciate these ladies so very much.
Becky, Me, Amy, and Annette
One of the things I enjoy the most about this conference are the service opportunities. I crocheted this head band and even did the flower without assistance.
I also made a pink scarf....thinking of Ella since her favorite color is pink. We also did some "Happy Pillows" and helped assemble some activity/hygiene bags. The conference was good too! Thank you Mom and Dad for enjoying Ella. Byron has been VERY busy with work!
While in Provo, we stopped to see the progress being made on the Provo Tabernacle soon to be temple. The building is literally on stilts as they excavate to provide a firm foundation. It was really neat to see...although this picture just doesn't give the full effect.
Ella gets excited about every holiday and Mother's Day was no exception. It started out with breakfast in bed...french toast and juice....to be followed by cute school made gifts. My favorite was the piece of paper folded into thirds with a flower.....the caption throughout is, "My love for you keeps growing and growing." I also really enjoyed the chocolate truffles that Byron and Ella gave to me. It was a great day!
Thank you Ella....I love being your Mom.
I enjoyed a lunch with my Mom and my sisters who live locally (all of the others were there in spirit) prior to Mother's Day...another fun tradition. I spent some time reflecting on all of the wonderful women in my life whom I admire and continue to learn from every day. I feel very blessed to be surrounded by such supportive women.
We have a boy in our neighborhood who was born with a heart defect. He basically is functioning on 1/2 a heart. I take an aerobics class at the gym from his mom, Heidi. She was in charge of a 5k Run/Walk for Intermountain Healing Hearts. Ella agreed to do it with me. It was held at Murray Park on May 18th. We woke up to LOTS and LOTS of rain. Ella was game for the adventure and we did it. I knew going into it that Ella wouldn't last the entire 5k (2 times around the park) but we did do 1/2 of it in time for her to do the kids dash. It was fun to support someone we know and love. We continue to hope for the best for Logan and his heart.
Logan's mom, Heidi, made these cute shirts for Team Logan. It was a superhero theme and Ella's cape didn't last too long before it became a towel.
The rain came down again as we were finishing. It was a fun adventure.....the breakfast at Black Bear Diner to follow may or may not have been the incentive to not complain!



Love the shirts - Ella looks so cute - and what a good sport to do it in the rain! Has she convinced you to make her a headband or scarf yet?
ReplyDelete