Father's Day was busy at the McMurtrey house. Byron and I got to speak in church and Byron got to teach Elder's Quorum all on Father's Day. I tried to make it a nice weekend by making some of Byron's favorite foods. We had Sausage Fondue for breakfast and I made Corn Bread to go with our lunch. I made other "favorites" too...but can't recall them a month later.
The best thing about any holiday these days is how excited Ella gets. It doesn't matter if it is a major holiday or a "not so" major one. This Father's Day she had a secret project she was working on. She requested a large piece of cardboard. I got one for her and then wasn't allowed to see the secret until Father's Day.
It was a Father's Day tree. I thought it was genius. I love the homemade gifts so much and Byron did too! Byron---we love you and are so happy that you are Ella's Dad. Byron is responsible for how well Ella reads. He volunteers in her school classroom. I love watching him be a Dad. Happy Father's Day to you.
Ella wrote a song for Byron---Dad's Song
.jpg)
Cute song, and yes, she is a lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the Father's Day song. Every year for my birthday I request original poems and songs. Those are my favorite gifts.
ReplyDelete