Newport Beach 2014

Newport Beach 2014

Friday, February 21, 2014

Disney California Adventure Day 1

I generally like to arrive at an amusement park prior to opening and leave when it closes. I'm sure this comes from my childhood memories of going to Lagoon.  I love to ride the rides in the dark with all the festive lights on!  I knew this wasn't going to work for 4 days at the Disney parks.....so the compromise was to get there close to opening and then when Byron and Ella said they were done....we would be done.  It worked out well and I was tired when they said they were ready to go.  It was nice that we went during off season and the park hours were shorter anyway.

We told Ella that she needed to try most rides at least once.  She was tall enough for everything anyway.  You never know what ride might be your new favorite.  (None of us wanted to ride Mickey's Fun Wheel).  She did great and we might have bribed her for a second ride with Mom on Tower of Terror!  We rode the rides with little to no wait.

The Silly Symphony Swings was one of Ella's favorite rides!  I think she rode it at least 12 times......I can't do continuous circles.  I took a video of Byron and Ella riding and when I watched it I got sick.  At first Ella wanted the double swing, but by the end of the week she was in her own swing, arms outstretched, wind blowing through her hair and loving life with good sport Byron near by.


We got a good spot for the Pixar Parade.

The Incredibles

Toy Story

The animals on the carousel were beautiful and when there is no line at all and you have a minute....you ride whatever you see, even if it is a Merry Go Round.

We really enjoyed the World of Color show, but I wouldn't suggest doing it at the end of a long first day.  There was a lot of standing and waiting prior to it starting.  It really was Excellent!!

People pay a lot of money for photo packages.  I know these aren't quality photos but it is fun to have them.
California Screamin' was an excellent roller coaster.  It is one of the longest and smoothest roller coasters I have been on.  Ella did not like it...she probably would have gone on it again if it didn't go upside down.  Byron and I figured out the single rider line and rode it several times during the week without having to wait.


Favorite Things Today

Byron--CA Screamin', Toy Story Mania, World of Color
Lisa--CA Screamin', Tower of Terror, Soarin' over CA, World of Color
Ella--Silly Symphony Swings, Goofy's Sky School, and Soarin' over CA

Soarin' over CA was Ella's favorite ride at Disney California Adventure.  At first she did not want to ride it, (probably still scared from Screamin') but this one was worth trying because she LOVED it!!  We rode it at least 10 times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment