Newport Beach 2014

Newport Beach 2014

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Disney Day 3

Today was our early morning admission to Disneyland that came with our tickets.  We spent most of our day at Disneyland but park hopped to do Cars and our other favorite things at Californina Adventure.  Byron and I have collected stretch pennies as souvenirs for many years....like 20 plus.  They are great souvenirs because they are small and easy to store, affordable and they bring back lots of great memories.  Disneyland has LOTS of stretch penny machines. We got a 3 page map detailing their locations in the 2 parks. Ella had a lot of fun spotting them and then helping Byron and I decide which one to get.  She was very clear that these weren't her souvenirs.  These were Mom and Dad's. She had her eye on other things.  We had her wait until our last day to finalize her purchases.

Ella is all about Minnie today!


We spent the morning in Fantasyland.  I don't think I have ever seen so many strollers.  This was really the only time we spent in this part of the park.  Ella really loved Peter Pan's flight. 

Ella also loved Tarzan's tree house.


One of Ella's excellent photos!

Minnie and Ella

This is my favorite "Disney Moment" of our trip.  Ella just happened to be right by the secret staging area for characters.  Minnie came out, Ella showed her shirt to Minnie and then Minnie wrapped her in this hug and kissed her on the head.  At the time, Byron told me that he had tried to get a picture but didn't think he got one.  I am so glad he did.  I know it's not a quality photo but I LOVE it!!

One of the problems with going in the off-season is that some of the rides are closed.  We missed out on Splash Mountain, Thunder Moutain Railroad and the show "Aladdin".  We did get to see Mickey and the Magic Map which is a broadway type storytelling/singing show.  It was excellent!  You can ask Byron about Captain EO.  Let's just say seeing it once was more than enough for him.  I didn't think it was that bad.....Michael Jackson meets outer space.


We got to ride Cars twice today!

We even won one of our races!



Remember I said how much I love amusement parks at night....so much fun!

I really like Tower of Terror.  Ella didn't want to ride it again and I didn't want to ride it alone.  It messed with Byron's back so he was out.  We convinced......(well bribed) Ella to ride it with me.  This picture is really what it was....me having the time of my life and Ella hoping she won't die!  She got a Belle pin for avoiding death.  Since we have been home, she has confided in me that she really did like that ride and hopes that we can go on it again together someday!  Yea....start saving your money!


Our Favorite Things Today
Byron:  Corn Dog, Mickey and the Magic Map, Riding Cars in the Dark
Lisa:  Minnie & Ella, Mickey and the Magic Map, Riding Cars Twice, Riding Tower of Terror with Ella
Ella:  Peter Pan's Flight, Soarin' over CA, Swings, Cars





1 comment: