Newport Beach 2014

Newport Beach 2014

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday Ella!

I can't believe it has been 8 years since this wonderful girl joined our family.  The time has gone by fast.  I really love her age right now.  She loves to celebrate and celebrate we did!!  We had a Birthday Weekend......the worst part was the little pre-baptism photo shoot that Mom wanted to do at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in January!  It was a bit windy but we were only there for less than 30 minutes.  Even so, it was cold...but you really only need 1 good picture and we got more than 1....and then why does the weather improve so much when your calendar isn't as open.







We had a movie night with popcorn and watched "Monsters University".  We made Ella's favorite dinner...Stroganoff on Sunday.  She got to meet her activity day leaders and have her interview with our Bishop for her upcoming baptism....February 1, 2014.

January 13, 1014.....Surprise decorations, sourdough pancakes with buttermilk syrup for breakfast....school....lunch brought in by Mom.....school.....handing out treats at school....entertaining visitors...dinner at Texas Roadhouse (with face painting)....and the main thing she wanted to do on her birthday was Clean the Church.  Now before you think too much about what great parents Byron and Lisa must be that their daughter chooses to clean the church on her birthday, let me assure you that it was entirely her idea.  I am pretty sure neither Byron or I would make the same choice on our birthdays.  It is very interesting because Ella doesn't show the same amount of enthusiasm for household cleaning.  Following the main event....present opening (well she did some of that throughout the day)...visit from Grandma and Grandpa Wright...more phone calls....and cake and ice cream.




Favorite 8th Birthday Surprise:  Streamers hanging down from her bedroom door
Favorite 8th Birthday Gift: Can't choose just one--Scriptures and a beautiful handmade Scripture Case
Favorite 8th Birthday Activity:  Cleaning the Church

Happy Birthday Ella!!  We love how excited you are about life.  We love that you ask lots of questions.  We love that you like to "talk to us" about anything.  You have brought us so much joy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, time flies. Happy Birthday, Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I haven't been to your blog for awhile because I had a lot to catch up on! Can't wait to see pics from your Disney trip.

    ReplyDelete