Newport Beach 2014

Newport Beach 2014

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Thankful

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had beautiful weather.  We enjoyed dinner at my parents house with some of my siblings.  I am a self-conscious cook, and I get nervous about bringing food items.  This year I did ok.  The 2 items I brought.....a raspberry salad and a cream cheese pie were very well received.  I love watching Ella play with her cousins.  She loves them all and misses the girl cousins A LOT! 

Ella and Avee

Ella and Megan 

I also enjoyed some Black Friday shopping with my brother, sister and 2 of my "other" sisters!  We were doing some Christmas Service shopping which made it even more fun to do.  I'm not a big shopper, but I must say I enjoy spending time with my family and watching some of the real shoppers in action! 


My parents arranged for a local "Polar Express" train ride.  It was fun.  I love how Ella tells Santa that she just wants a surprise.  He told her a couple of years ago that, "I can always bring you a surprise.  I am the BEST at surprises!"  We will see how long that lasts.

Ella and Megan---waiting for the train.

I am particularly thankful this year for my parents and my siblings and their spouses.  I can honestly say that I admire every one of them.  I appreciate them and I enjoy spending time with them and miss the ones I don't see as often as I would like.  They are talented and very supportive and even though some of us are miles apart I enjoy the calls, emails, blog updates, text messages.....all of it.  Thank you to all of you for making such a positive difference in my life.

2 comments:

  1. love the updates and miss y'all to much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have wonderful family that you enjoy being with. That's what made our Thanksgiving so great this year too.

    ReplyDelete